Saturday, March 31, 2018

Lets talk about PTSD and Anxiety


So this is A video I had done a few days ago. I had gotten great response from It from a few people who have seen it. Its not talked about often the after affects of having cancer and what it can do to you.  In the beginning I had no idea what I was feeling or how to handle it. It was scary at first because it was the unknown to me and I felt like I was doing something wrong. Until I started being open and honest and talking with my friends and my doctors did I realize that I was having PTSD symptoms and that it was totally normal and I was going to be be okay. There a lot of different kinds of PTSD and anxiety and I am not an expert at anything ( except maybe on my own body) so I am not going to sit here and tell you that this is what you should do and this is what you should take and this is how you should feel. I  just want to be open and honest and let everyone reading this know that if you are in the same boat I am, then you're not alone.

Dr. Margaret Stuber, a researcher with UCLA's Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center.

35% of all cancer survivors have PTSD and up to 80% exhibit symptoms of it. Are you struggling after cancer and don't know why? Susan Gonzalez talks with Michele Rosenthal, a PTSD survivor and expert about how you can tell if you might have PTSD and what you can do about it.


If you would like to talk about your symptoms please seek medical attention. I am not a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CANCER ISN’T CONTAGIOUS..

  CANCER ISN’T CONTAGIOUS!!  (opinion piece) Why Suffer In Silence! You are not alone !! You have heard the side effects from...